Thursday, May 26, 2016

8.x Wireless problem after sleep or hibernate


Every time I set my 8.x to sleep or hibernate, I face Wireless authentiion problems.
I have a old PC but equipped with 8.1 Update 1 and today I noticed a problem. Every time I hibernate or set PC to sleep, and then turn it on, I face Wireless authentiion problems. I am not sure if it is a problem, a driver problem or if it is a PC's firmware and 8 compatibility problem.
All I know is that only happens with 8.x, in 7 no problem. I also noticed this problem in another PC I have, a laptop.
The way as I fix it, is:

Restarting Go to Device Manager (by pressing + X, a Menu show up in the bottom, left side), and disable my Wireless Network Adapter. Then I enable it again and finally I can connect and use Internet. In other words, I restart the driver.
Doing these steps every time, is annoying. I found out a solution, however there must be secondary problems for Laptops or Notebooks when you apply my solution propose.
Basically, what I do is to disable the option which tells to turn off my Network adapter. By default the turn it off, but for some rson can't wake it it properly.

How to fix it?

Go back to Device Manager. Go to Network Adapters < right-click your Wireless Adapter < Properties < Power Management tab and finally disable the first check-box Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power

The special case: Laptops and Notebooks

"...however there must be secondary problems for Laptops or Notebooks when you apply my solution propose."

Now I would like to explain the my sentence's mning. I once had a problem in my Laptop because of my network adapter. Because the option turn off the device was disabled, the Sleep and Hibernate options didn't work as they should. I mn, the PC screen was black and the led lights switched off [in case of sleep, the power light blinks] but after a few seconds it wake up alone. What I suggest to you, try my propose and if you face problems like this, just enable the option to turn off the device and maybe avoid Sleep/Hibernate functions.

Any question send e-mail to hyrokumata@outlook.com

No comments:

Post a Comment